Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Somebody stop me before I start liking basketball - please!



You should have heard me when Kobe (bleck!) made that 3-point shot to tie Game 2. I was not happy. I was even less happy when Detroit crapped out during overtime. Game 3 tonight is likely going to kill me.



In other hopeless underdog sports news - my Detroit Tigers are only 6 games back in the AL Central. Granted, the AL Central is arguable the weakest division in baseball - but still, the Tigs are only 6 games back! Plus my favorite player, Dmitri Young, is back after an early season injury.



I adore Dmitri because he looks like Motown. OK - so he looks a little scary, but if that's not Detroit what is?



In reading news, I'm working on a fantasy novel, Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong. Paige Winterbourne is a 20-something witch who is now guardian of a teenage witch with an impulse control problem. This teenager also is quite powerful, so there are evil supernatural factions that want to get their hands on the girl. So really, it's a cross between fantasy and suspense - using the classic "woman in peril" story line. So far, it's pretty good.



Stay tuned.....

No comments: