Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, January 23, 2004

Sigh. I have just finished Married to the Viscount by Sabrina Jeffries and I'm glad that it's finally over.



I'm fairly conflicted over this book. It has much to recommend it, as I stated in my pevious blogging. Unfortunately the entire conflict of the story hinges on the dreaded "Big Misunderstanding" plot device. The hero thinks one thing, the heroine thinks another, and instead of communicating like adults they go around and around on a drunken merry-go-round schleping the reader along with them.



This sort of thing is tolerable for a few pages, but after 370+ pages of it I was more than a little weary. A decidedly mixed bag altogether.



My little portion of the midwest is suffering from winter at the moment. Lots of snow and lots of wind means Wendy has a nasty commute to and from work. Getting home this evening should just be oodles of fun considering the wind has just shifted - again.



Assuming I can get home tonight I'm going to start reading smut! Smut, smut, smut - I'm positively gleeful about it. Next up? Cooking Up a Storm by Emma Holly.

No comments: