Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, July 25, 2003

It's weeks like this one that make life interesting. I took a sick day on Monday after my digestive issues reared their ugly little heads. Was back to work on Tuesday, and it was decided I would take Wednesday off in order to work a Saturday shift at one of our branch locations. I took my car in on Wednesday to get some routine work done and when I went to pick it up, the darn thing wouldn't start! So, I had to take a personal day yesterday since my car would be at the mechanics. Back to work today, and out to that branch location tomorrow.



Whew!



The whole business with my car was more than a little depressing. I went in on Wednesday expecting to spend in the neighborhood over $75 and ended up spending $500. On the bright side, I have a new battery, spark plugs, various belts/hoses, and that faulty switch has been replaced. I also learned that my timing belt should be good for another 4000 miles - which is a bit of a silver lining.

No comments: