Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, July 18, 2003

I love Matthew Sweet. I would buy an album of polka music if he put one out. He hasn't had a solo project in a while, and I've been missing his brand of intelligent pop music (yes, there is such a thing). Turns out he's been busy with a side project.



I picked up The Thorns debut album last weekend and have to say it's fantastic. Sort of like a Crosby, Stills and Nash for the 21st century. Lots of wonderful harmonies, and happy sad songs. The whole disk is compulsively listenable, but one of my favorites is Blue. Check out their website to hear snippets of all the songs on the album - and for goodness sake, buy it if you like what you hear. Sweet in particular has a devoted following, but we're a small army.



My weekend is setting up to be rather busy. Saturday is basically shot between hitting the local art fair with my mother, younger sister and niece, plus my high school reunion. Yes gentle blog readers, I escaped high school exactly 10 years ago.



So why am I going? Well a couple of reasons. There is the required morbid curiousity (is my high school crush a fat, balding used car salesman?), and I do legitmately hope to see some people I've lost touch with. Moving to Buffalo right out of high school and staying there for almost 6 years has a way of doing that.

No comments: