Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, May 8, 2003

Back from the frozen Upper Penisula and glad to be home. In true idiot fashion, yours truly forgot to pack her winter coat (ok - I didn't forget. I just haven't washed it yet, and it's white - so it's really dirty and doesn't look so good) - but I made due with my spring jacket, long sleeve shirts and sweatshirt. Naturally, Mackinac Island warmed on Wednesday - the day all the librarians left!

This conference I attended is always a good time because it's just for librarians serving rural communities. A lot of practical information that one can implement in their day-to-day routines. While the state and national conferences are nice, a lot of what is discussed is technology oriented and "theory." As in, this computer software will be available in a couple of years.

I also like workshops that address the bulk of my job description. I am the back-up computer person where I work - which means most of day is spent on "little" things like collection development. I like attending workshops that actually talk about fiction.

Picked up some world famous Mackinac Island fudge for some folks, got a Mother's Day present for my lovely mother, and picked up a new tea mug over at Monkey Business - a store one must see to believe.

Monkey girls of the world unite! (Inside joke {g})

No comments: